MacBook dying?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by intervenient, Aug 31, 2010.

1. intervenient macrumors 6502a

Last night around 1, and today at 6, my MacBook has died while being charged (still at around 50% battery). The computer completely shuts off, forgets my wifi code, and the time and date. The first time, it took a while for the charger to work, and now this time it's not working at all.

Is the charger shorting out my MacBook??

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

wow that's really weird...I've never even heard of that type of thing happening with any computer, ever...I'd suggest doing the simple thing and calling apple, or checkin in with whatever service you have for warranty

3. intervenient thread starter macrumors 6502a

It happened again. Every time now it's been while connected to a charger. I will definitely be calling Apple later.

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Yeah, you definitely should. That's something that's seriously messed up haha. Hell, Apple might not even know what's up, and they could just give you a new computer :D here's to wishful thinking lol

5. intervenient thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got it last year at launch of the new unibody.

Now it connects to WiFi, but says that it has a weak connection and access the web.

6. intervenient thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do any of you guys think this could be the reason that iTunes won't display my iPhone in the side bar? It charges, but requires a fresh install of iTunes for it to be recognized