MacBook + Education Discount

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CalmEnvy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

Hey, everyone. I'm going to be making the switch to Mac for College. I want to use the Education Discount and I was just wondering if I can use it at the Apple Retail store? If I can what do I need? I searched but couldn't find anything about the retail store (might have missed a thread maybe). Anyways, thanks.

2. 11blue macrumors member

You can use it at the store. If you have student ID's, bring them. If you have a tuition bill, bring that. Some let you sign in to your university email and thats all you need. Call up and verify first though.

3. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

Or you could just buy it from the Online Store and save yourself all the hassle.

4. Slayerboym88 macrumors regular

When I bought my iPod, I was still in high school but had already been accepted, all I had to do was take in my acceptance letter (to a college I decided against going to no less, ha!) and that was fine. Most Apple store's aren't picky about the discount, as long as you have SOME form of proof of enrollment.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The Apple Store will want to see...

a school ID with your name on it, and then a driver's license with your picture on it as well. Again, you can bring a letter or as someone posted earlier, sign into your school email (they'll want to send your receipt there as well) and you're good to go! Enjoy your new Mac! :cool:

6. CalmEnvy thread starter macrumors 6502

I was just going to bring in the form I have from Seneca showing my Student ID, Course and Cost + Driver's License. I'm going to Seneca this year and already accepted so that shouldn't be a problem.

7. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You're good to go...

enjoy your new MacBook and enjoy Seneca. :cool:

8. youradhere4222 macrumors 6502

9. nickXedge macrumors 6502

nickXedge

I bought mine with just school ID and drivers license, in store.