Macbook Errors wont start up "Please restart computer" message everytime

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JuicedApple, Oct 21, 2010.

1. JuicedApple macrumors newbie

Hi i have a 2 year old Silver Macbook 2.4 (i think!) anyway i havent touched it for ages because of a problem. It wont start up! Heres what happens: I turn the computer on (it can still charge) it starts to go into its white loading screen with the funny rotating loading wheel and all of a sudden this DOS like command prompt pops up with what looks like gibberish computer talk i dont understand except the word error. Then straight after the command prompt shows this transparent big window comes up with a power button logo and says " Please Restart Your Computer" problem is i do restart the computer and it does this everytime i cant get to the profile screen or anything. Any help is appreciated i jus came to you guys b4 the shops cause i thought maybe i could fix it. Im thinkin its a software problem hopefully i wont have to reinstall OSX leopard

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

How far does it get?

What changes have you made recently?

Have you opened it at all?

3. JuicedApple thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have opened it. it doesnt even get to the profile screen b4 it wants u to reset it and i havent made any changes it doesnt have windows on it and it jus came up with this stuff when i started it one day im sure its leopard and not the comp tho

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I mean physically opened it ... like to upgrade the RAM or HDD.

5. JuicedApple thread starter macrumors newbie

no its the same as when i originally got it battery ram hdd and all

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

7. JuicedApple thread starter macrumors newbie

none of those symptoms relate to my problem tho the computer does turn on and gets to the wheel loader just b4 the profile screen then says i must restart the computer it doesnt come up with nothing