Macbook exchange question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CQuedado, Nov 29, 2008.

1. CQuedado macrumors member

Hello

i bought a macbook pro before the new ones had come out w/in the last month or so. had i known that a new macbook was in the process of being released, in no way would i have bought the macbook.

it is still in its packaging because its my xmas present for my son.

ive been told by some people that theyve been able to complain to apple and make an exchange. is this true?

any tips, ideas, suggestions, etc would be greatttttle appreciated. i would hate to be stuck w/ the MBP that is vastly inferior to the new ones just because i was oblivious to the fact apple was in the process of releasing new laptops

its about 7.30 pm right now and apple's customer service is out until early sunday...

Thanks kindly

2. Hls811 macrumors 6502a

Hls811

Apple typically allows exchanges within 14 days.. If you explained the situation and how you purchased it as a gift and if it is still sealed in the original box you *might* be able to talk to someone compassionate enough to help you out; when you're dealing with Apple things aren't always so black and white and by a standard policy as other companies. If the box has been opened and the MBP has been started up you're probably out of luck though.

If you go into an Apple Store (or even if you just call up Apple Customer Service) ask to speak with a manager as he/she would have the ability to make a decision like that.

Good luck!