Macbook exchange

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Hakari, May 29, 2009.

1. Hakari macrumors newbie

Dad just bought a 2.0 unibody macbook yesterday at the local Apple store, got the free ipod deal too (he's a teacher). He didn't realize that the laptops could soon be updated to better specs. The date on the receipt for return shows june 12th, and if WWDC brings us some sort of update, is this eligible for price/model matching at the store? I know that updates are completely speculation right now but any advice is appreciated for if or when that happens. Thanks!

2. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Wait till WWDC, which is June 8th, if there is a update you can return it, they will charge you a restocking fee. Then buy the new model, if it out yet.

3. iann1982 macrumors regular

In all honesty, you can never guess when updates will occur and you could spend months waiting for them.

I don't think we'll see updates at WWDC, why was the white macbook updated this week if they're going to? Maybe in a month or two, but hey I could easily be wrong, but does it matter that much? What's the 2.0 going to get bumped to? 2.13? HD up a few GB? there's not much they can upgrade.

My advice - Your Dad's bought you a 2.0 macbook? hey, take it, that's a great laptop and it'll last 2-3 years as a quick main computer and 4-7 as a functional web browser with OS updates

4. Hakari thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for the quick responses! I actually have my own unibody 2.0 from nov. 08' with most (if not all) the rev. A quirks, great computer though! His biggest concern is always getting what he pays for and he'll be pretty upset if it gets updated and there's nothing he can do about it, ha!