Macbook Express Shipping From Apple.ca, Rip Off?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Radskull, May 22, 2008.

1. Radskull macrumors newbie

Hey, So i order a brand new Macbook yesterday at 10:43 am (w/ express shipping) its now officially 24 hours later and it has yet to be shipped. The apple order status on the apple site says that the estimated shipping date can be as far as the 27th but it then says the estimated delivery date can be as early as the 27th. I'm wondering if it was point less to have bought the express shipping? And what was the fastest some one got there product?

2. jbo0gie macrumors newbie

I'm waiting (impatiently) for mine to ship too, though I didn't get express shipping like you. well, when you order it has two dates right? a ship date and a delivery date. from what I understand, the ship date is how soon they can get it out of their warehouse, and the delivery date is in the hands of fedex (what you paid for) - anyone else please correct me if im wrong.

i ordered mine monday night, and it said it'll ship 22-25, deliver by 27-june 2. its "ready for shipment" right, so hopefully it'll go out today. then consider that monday is a national holiday so fedex is probably not working.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

express shipping is only from the the time it leaves their hands to be delieverd to you. not the speed in which they get it out the door.

4. Radskull thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so we've established that the express shipping comes into play only when it leaves the warehouse, but it says that it should be 2 -3 days once that is done. But on my order status it says "Delivers by: 27 May - 3 Jun" which is more than 3 days. So i called Apple and they told me that was a mistake and that they would keep my order as express but also credit me for the express shipping.

Well for now i'm satisfied, although i would have probably paid triple the shipping cost to get it right now :)

5. ZacUSNYR macrumors regular

Makes people close to an apple store not realize what they got. Buying something like a laptop and then having to wait a week to even touch it has got to suck.

6. Radskull thread starter macrumors newbie

You have no, today is the third day since i placed the order and it still hasnt left shanghai. Fedex says it is going to ship from shanghai tomorrow which means i'm going to have to wait all weekend and then take a day off work to wait for it arrival so i dont miss it. Had i not got an employee discount buying it online i would have driven the hour to go pick it up at the apple store.

I'M GOING CRAZY WITH IMPATIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!