Macbook External Hard Drive Help Please!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iPGCmacbook, May 8, 2011.

1. iPGCmacbook macrumors newbie

Hello, i am new to the forum since i just bought this Macbook from a friend.

This, is the Laptop Detail so you guys exactly what macbook i am using.
    Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
    Memory: 1.25 GB
    I am a photographer and i need a lot of memory space, so i bought a External Hard Drive and said why dont i run my laptop of the External Hard Drive. So i began too. I did the process of Splitting the Hard Drive into two sections Install - Which had the Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Update and the Other sections Leopard - Was where ill run my laptop off.

Everything worked great till two days ago my laptop began running very very slow which was very weird since the hard Drive is 2 TB. I tryed to Repair it in Disk Utility and it frooze. So i restarted to computer and VANISHED was the Leopard Section of the External Hard Drive. The macbook detects the Install section but not the leopard now i cant find it anywhere.

Can anyone help me or give a suggestion about how to find the missing section of the External Hard Drive??

Thank PGC!

2. simsaladimbamba

Can you see the external HDD and even partition you installed Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard onto in Disk Utility booted from the older Mac OS X installation on the MB's internal HDD or the Installation DVD?

Btw, as your MB is limited to Firewire 400 as fastest interface (disregarding the Gigabit Ethernet port), using the internal HDD as boot drive will be faster.
    You can even replace the internal HDD quite easy:

Btw, "memory" is not the same as "hard drive capacity":
    What is Computer Memory? RAM vs Hard Drive
    RAM vs. Hard Disk