Macbook External Monitor Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rahulgarcia, Sep 5, 2015.

1. rahulgarcia macrumors newbie

I have purchased two external monitors previously, Dell U2515H and Samsung LS29E790C, however with both monitors I have had issues when connecting to my rMBP 2013 whereby the screen colours are washed out and the text is not clear but fuzzy.

Once these issues arose, I had spent a significant amount of time online researching on any solutions. I noticed that when I was running bootcamp on Windows the screen quality was outstanding, which made me think this is an OS X issue.

From my research I tried to use a ruby script which would force the monitor into RGB, although i noticed a subtle difference, the quality was still poor. Then I was told to try and use various combinations of cables ranging from the HDMI to HDMI, Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt, mDP to Displayport and as you can imagine none of these cables helped resolve the issue. Consequently I had to return both these monitors.

After a lot of research I have found the LG 34UM95 monitor which seems to have a thunderbolt display port and is Mac compatible. But before I purchase it, I would like to know if anyone else has this monitor and if so what cable and setup are they using? Also is the screen resolution impeccable i.e. colours are vibrant and the text is clear just like the rMBP screen.

Also if any one else has a different setup that also has outstanding screen quality please let me know. I should note that the screen needs to be at least 25".

2. Lukes2508 macrumors newbie