MacBook + external screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cervin, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Cervin macrumors newbie

Hi there,

Can't wait anymore - for MacPro's and updates for MacBook Pro.....need to get some things done, and since my ol' windows laptop is dying on me I have no choice.

Not wanting the MacBook Pro, that seems to overheat and have other problems, and might be updated within a short while. I have decided to get a black MacBook.

Just a question. Would like to buy a Dell 27inch screen to go with it. This screen would be the one I would later use with a MacPro or maybe an updated MacBook Pro...would sell my MacBook then.

Is it a good assumption that the new MacBook can run this display? or is it to week? Any comments would be helpful.

Best regards,
    Cervin

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I do the onboard LCD and my 22" LCD all the time. It works great even with Spaces and Exposé.

Be sure to get more RAM for the MacBook.

3. Cervin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comment Eidorian!

Just wondering if it's to much to get it to run a 27inch. I have seen that the Apple Cinema Screen 30inch is not proposed - I thought to have read somewhere that the last MacBook wasn't equiped with a graphics-card that allowed the bigger screens - what about the new one? Is that the same or can it now run these bigger screens?,

Best regards,
    Cervin

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You'll be fine just using OS X. You might run into some slowdown doing 3D heavy work.

I've run 1600 x 1200 and 1680 x 1050 displays all over VGA and DVI the time with no ill effect.

It's the MacBook in my signature.

5. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

It will run the 27" fine but it run a 30" simply because of the resolution differences 1920 1200 vs. 2560 1600 big difference. Macbook can only do 1920 1200.