Macbook Failed to boot up

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Freedomsc, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Freedomsc macrumors newbie

Hi all, my macbook cannot boot into the OS correctly...right after I pressed the power button, this appears:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, even I can boot into the OS, the disk utility just keep running with the "rainbow ball" and I have to force quit it. I have changed the hard disk already so probably not the problem of the hard disk. The hardware test failed to run so I cannot check what the problem is.

Could any guru here give me a helping hand? Thanks!

2. M1LK3Y macrumors newbie

M1LK3Y

RE:Macbook Failed to boot up

Okay, so after analyzing your issue for a little while, I've come to the conclusion that it is most-likely a faulty OS install. Now, for this to work you are going to need the original installation disk for whatever Mac OS you are running.

1. Insert the OS Install CD then restart your Mac.
    2. As soon as you press the power button to turn on your Mac hold down the ALT+Option key until it brings you to the menu that asks you which drive you want to boot from, you are going to want to click the CD Drive.
    3. Now from there it'll boot from the install CD and you will be running a fresh load of your OS once you complete the installation.

If this doesn't solve your issue, then my only other suggestion would be to bring it to your local Apple Retail Store.