Macbook fan/battery problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by navil, Nov 30, 2008.

1. navil macrumors newbie

I had to get my new macbook aluminum replaced at the apple store today. Its been just over a month since I got it. Here is the issue.

- I was working on the laptop. The screen suddenly went blank (laptop got switched off) and the fan got switched on at full speed. I was not running anything heavy on the system, so it was not hot. Any case I waited for a long time and the fan refused to turn off.

- I did a long press on the power button, trying to get it to switch on again. It didn't work. I connected the power adapter, but the green/yellow LED was not coming on. The battery status indicator button on the side also didnt work. The fan is still running at full speed and laptop didn't switch on.

- I called customer care and told them the problem. They ask me to do a couple of diagnostics like pressing a key sequence to reset and things like that. Nothing seems to work. The fan is still running.

- They asked me to remove the battery and insert it again. I removed the battery and the fan stopped. I tried connecting the power cable again - the laptop refused to switch on. I put back the battery and the fan started running again!

- The customer care guys asked me to take it to the apple store and I got it replaced. They were very surprised and mentioned that a similar problem existed in the old powerbooks!

Anyways I am glad that I got it replaced, but the new one is exactly the same version of the hardware. I am wondering if this is some sort of hardware bug. Has anyone else faced this?

2. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

soloution

it sounds like a hardware problem to me. i dont think it could happen to ur new one.it was probibly just firmware glitch (firmware is what controls all the bells and wistles).:cool::cool:

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008