MacBook fan is going wild

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by michail, Nov 23, 2007.

1. michail macrumors member

My new SR MacBook is sweet as hell. However I have installed today a torrent client programme called transmission. Each time I use the programme a process called "quickllokd" is starting periodically which causes the CPU usage going up the temp is topping to 79C and the fan is spinning like no tomorrow. What the hell is the "quickllokd" people? Any ideas? I think I will uninstall that programme because is f#cking thinks up. Any ideas of a good torrent client?

Edit:well I just found out that the "quickllokd" has nothing to do with the transmission programme. It has something to do with the finder. WTF

2. PCRanger macrumors regular

Azureus is great, and has a lot of nifty plugins.
    I'd highly recommend it! :)

3. AppleNinja macrumors member

AppleNinja

ditto ... or just bittorrent for mac.... yea good luck ... i would get rid of it right now if its doing that...

4. lazymej macrumors newbie

That is really strange. I also use Transmission and have never encountered that problem. Have you tried reinstalling it? I also MUCH prefer it over Azureus. It's so much more simplistic and is straightforward. Azureus has too much clutter I find.

5. michail thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot for the replies. Well yesterday I had enough with my PC doing the strange thinks and because I didn't really knew which programme it was responsible for the behavior (I istalled 5 different applications) I decided to re-install Leopard. Today I am working for 1 hour already and everything is ok. However this is just with the standard Leopard applications. I can't understand WTF was occurring that. I must have been a third party application (well hopefully). To my understanding because Leo is new some applications are not 100% compatible. Oh well coming from windows I am used on formating and re-installing :D (however I was expecting better behavior from Mac)

6. SooTyLaD macrumors member

i find transmission to be the bee's knees, and i think its faster than the rest too... there are only two things i miss over other clients in all its simplicity and they are 1) the ability to select individual files within a torrent and 2) to be able to change the tracker - other than that tho... minter :)