Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benmadrid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2007
Madrid
Hi, when I am using my macbook and headset to speak to other's using skype, as the fan kicks in and gets faster and faster, their ability to hear me clearly diminishes massively - the faster the fans, the worse they hear me. But that is with the headset mike some distance from the macbook. Has anyone else noticed this or can anyone tell me why this could be? Thanks!

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
Hi, when I am using my macbook and headset to speak to other's using skype, as the fan kicks in and gets faster and faster, their ability to hear me clearly diminishes massively - the faster the fans, the worse they hear me. But that is with the headset mike some distance from the macbook. Has anyone else noticed this or can anyone tell me why this could be? Thanks!

Probably because you don't have the headset selected as your sound source in Skype's preferences. It's probably defaulting to the internal mic, which is directly next to a fan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.