MacBook Fan Noise !!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BuddyMac, Nov 15, 2009.

1. BuddyMac macrumors member

BuddyMac

I'm using this macbook for the past 2 years.

From the 1st day of my usage, when ever I open multiple applications (like Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Safari, Preview, iTunes etc..), my macbook making so much noise (I guess it is fan rotating noise only).

Does it mean, my 1GB RAM is not good enough to run many applications simultaneously? Should I upgrade it to 2 GB / 4 GB RAM???

If so, can I go for Transcend RAM? My vendor says he already installed Transcend (2 x 2GB = 4GB) RAM to many Macs and they are running fine. They costs me around INR 4500 (~ USD 100). When I ask about the Apple RAM (http://store.apple.com/us/memorymodel/ME_13_2_2_MB_G4), he says it would costs me around INR 17000 (~ USD 400) to get them for me to India :(

Now I would like to know whether this problem is because of my poor 1 GB RAM or not. If so is it advisable to upgrade with Transcend ones??

Thanks in advance.

2. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

Upgrading RAM is nothing related to fan noise, sorry. It's related to the design of the white MBs. It fires up the fans to the max most of the time 'cause there're not enough vents to dissipate the heat.

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

I figure that's true, because mine does the same thing as the OP's. I have upgraded my RAM to 2GB because I got a lot of beachballs. I didn't bought my RAM from Apple and they are working fine!

4. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

BTW I recommend you to upgrade up to 4+ GBs of RAM if your Mac supports it. It does a huge performance boost if you're onto professional photography or music production.

5. BuddyMac thread starter macrumors member

BuddyMac

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I guess my MB will support upto 4GB only. Let me try out Transcend one.

6. turkay macrumors regular

turkay

FYI I've 4 GBs of Kingston RAM for almost 2 years. Never had a problem.

Have a nice day!