Macbook Fan repair London

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jenny28583, Feb 1, 2010.

1. jenny28583 macrumors newbie

Hello Guys and Gals!

I am looking for advice for a reliable macbook repair shop in London.

I am pretty certain the fan of my 3 year old Macbook needs replacing. Sending it somewhere is no option - I need it done ASAP as I am currently finishing my PhD thesis...

I found one topic about this, but it is two years old, so any current tips? Maybe one of the shops around Tottenham Court Road? I'd be willing to travel anywhere in London though as long as it is a reliable and fast shop!

2. jenny28583 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi everyone - just wanted to post my experience and a recommendation.

My dear Macbook is whole again after a brilliant overnight repair (dropped of last night at 7pm, picked up this morning around 10am) by www.macemergency.co.uk. Brilliant private repair service in Crouch End North London, very cheap, very friendly - big recommendation.

Apple and the other official service providers in London were a total flop, either far too expensive (more than £200), too slow (weeks), rather dubious (i.e. tried to convince me over the phone my mainboard or hard drive needed replacing) or all three together.

3. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Glad you got it sorted.

I was going to say why didn't you just take it to Apple, how much did MacEmergency charge you in the end?

4. jenny28583 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha! Apple did not want to give me an estimate without diagnosing it themselves - which would have cost money - after a lot of haggling over the phone they said something like £200-£300 and 2-3 weeks. :eek: Like I am investing that much money in a 3year+ machine that has nothing else wrong with it - also, I need it for work, daily!

macemergency charged £100 over night, new fan and complete clean-out - loads of dust and fluff in the machine, obviously reason for fan to break in first place.

Was looking around for fans (£50) to repair myself, but would have had to wait at least a week for delivery - so macemergency was a brilliant solution for me.