MacBook fans throttling and kb/mouse don't work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xxabadabaxx, Nov 2, 2014.

1. xxabadabaxx macrumors newbie

Hows everyone's Sunday going?

I have spent the last couple weeks repairing a Mac I bought for 1 dollar USD. I love working on computers and making them work again (when I actually have time), but to me, mac is absolutely foreign territory.

So I stopped the machine from unceremoniously shutting down and replaced, repaired or cleaned every component. I have also liberally applied a new layer of thermal paste. I dug this thing out of the grave but as far as things go it is still in ICU.

Now the keyboard works in EFI (I think I am using the right acronym) but it does not work in Mavericks. The Mouse on the other hand, seems to not work at all.

Most concerning though, Almost immediately after booting, the system fans throttle and are as loud as can be. From the OS, I can see a task called Kernel_Task is running at roughly 200%.

After all is said and done, I'm set on repairing this myself. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, Have a great day :apple:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Which model Macbook is it? Have you done a clean installation of Mac OS X?

3. xxabadabaxx thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry forgot that bit. It is a Mabook Pro A1286 (EMC 2353-1) and yes I did a clean install of Mavericks