macbook fb062ll b no video

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by astroboyid, Jan 19, 2010.

1. astroboyid macrumors newbie

Hi this is my 1st macbook i used to have imac sold it to get macbook it was working great until no video i can hear sound no video i know about laptop hardware but im new about macs I will buy to try on a external monitor my guess are inverter i see black so no back ligth or lcd maybe the cable any help will or advise ? thanks or do i need to re flow the video chip?

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. astroboyid thread starter macrumors newbie

No i got used on ebay i only pay like 560 6 months ago its Pentium 2 dual it was working fine. Still turn on can eject disks just no video i can hear sound everyone hear boot logo can't see anything hard drive sound like its booting

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I kinda suspect that's Core 2 Duo. What's the clock speed?

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

I would try resetting the SMC and the PRAM for starters. If there is still no video you can confirm whether it's the video card or the display by connecting an external monitor. Either way if the unit is out of warranty, expect to pay out for either a replacement display or a logic board replacement.

6. astroboyid thread starter macrumors newbie

Core 2 duo clock speed 2.2 ok remove ram still no video boot sound. I will ask my friend if he have adaptor to try external monitor if i get video on external monitor has to be the inverter rigth i do see the black screen no back light if not i will re flow the video chip with my heat gun like i did to my xbox 360 chip if not i have to get logit board on ebay now bidding on one just in case thanks for the help

7. astroboyid thread starter macrumors newbie

how to reset the SMC???? PRAM memory ram???? i knew at mac