Macbook feet enhancements/ replacements

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by yojitani, Jun 27, 2008.

1. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Basically, I bought a laptop stand that is unusable with a macbook because the macbook feet have no traction. I otherwise like the stand so I am looking for feet for my macbook that actually have some traction and don't slip all over the place. Does anyone know where I might find replacement or supplement feet?

I've come across Cool Feet by Bluelounge: http://www.bluelounge.com/coolfeet.php - I'd definitely be interested in hearing about users' experience with those (are they quite rubbery?). I've also come across Pawz: http://www.radtech.us/Products/Pawz.aspx - same again, any info would be great.

Thanks!

2. denizzziz13 macrumors member

Would love to know about the Cool Feet. They look easy enough to get on and off...but they don't fall off too easily do they?

3. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

I just ordered the cool feet. I'll let you know how they are!

(not Turkish are you? ... just curious)

4. chscag macrumors 68000

I bought an "Elevator" laptop stand for my MacBook from Griffin Technologies.

No problem whatsoever with the MacBook slipping off the stand as the stand has non-slide, non-slip rubber on the resting arms. No need for feet. Take a look:

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elevator

Regards.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Sorry to be off topic, but i cracked when i saw the name of the stand: 'Dave' LOL.

6. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

:D Yeah, it's pretty lame!

7. yojitani thread starter macrumors 68000

yojitani

OK so my cool feet arrived this afternoon just as I was on my way out to the library to study - so perfect timing! So far, the feet do not come off at all and are quite easy to affix/remove from my macbook. My macbook has been running at about 4 degrees C lower than usual, so that's good (not sure if that's the feet or the air conditioning though!). The feet also do a decent enough job on my laptop stand - not perfect, there's still some slippage, but it is bearable. What I like most about these feet so far is the angle - typing is just that much more comfortable with the angled keyboard.

Quality-wise, they seem to be ok. They could probably do with being a few $ cheaper, but considering the size of bluelounge etc., I'd say the price is fair. I have no complaints on that account. The only complaint I do have is that the pack should probably come with 6 feet - 4 small feet and two large - so that you can set your laptop flat if you want to, but still get the benefits of air circulating under the computer.