Macbook Firewire-Solution

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by 01254, Dec 10, 2008.

1. 01254 macrumors newbie

2. MacJenn macrumors regular

You must not be too tech savvy. It won't work. This has been discussed hundreds of times on here about those items.

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

even if it did work (i dont know for sure), i dont think anyone would want those things sticking out of your macbook ;)

4. 01254 thread starter macrumors newbie

Please explain. I'm keen to learn ;)

5. molala macrumors 6502a

a double adapter solution?? i can't imagine it working. if it did, it would probably fail/hang every few seconds. and it looks too cumbersome. if you really want firewire, don't get the macbook.

6. Nobita macrumors 6502

What kind of peripheral have you got anyway? Most of them uses USB right?
    Unless you have a 4-year old video recorder or something like that...

7. SelfMadeCelo macrumors regular

SelfMadeCelo

would that even work? i mean the whole point of firewire is that it transfers at a constant speed where USB can't...

8. snessiram macrumors member

Quote from the site:
    @Nobita: Can you please tell me how your comment contributes to finding a solution for firewire on the 13" aluminium macbooks? Some people have firewire equipment that they do not want to (or can) replace and it is not your job to tell them wether they should. This thread is about a possible (unfortunately invalid) solution for the people that want/need firewire on a 13" aluminium macbook. There are many reasons one might want this. Some might find the macbook pro to be too expensive, too heavy or too big and the white macbook to be lacking a strong enough graphics card. The need/want for OS X also might limit people to computers from Apple, again for various reasons (needed software, expensive bought software,...). Every person has it's own needs and the availability of an alternative to get firewire on the 13" aluminium macbook would give people extra options in making their personal purchase choice.

9. Molopo macrumors regular

I understand and respect what you are saying, but honestly i've never met a single person who uses firewire. And it seems that the only people who ever complain about lack of firewire in a machine are mac users. I figure people are lucky that apple still even includes firewire in their machines.