MacBook Flashing Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Mcluver2, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Mcluver2 macrumors newbie

My Macbook is brand new! (Barely 4 months old) Just recently my laptop will flash a black screen. It starts from the bottom and quickly flashes up the screen higher and higher each flash! I need help with a fix. I have read on some other pages it is a bad inverter on the inner core of the Macbook. Other than that I do not know what to do! Please Help! :(:confused:

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If the machine is less than a year old since it was purchased, you can go to Apple or any authorised repair shop to have them taking a look at it, as that Mac is still under warranty.

3. Mcluver2 thread starter macrumors newbie

No reciept?

The problem is I do not think i was given the reciept with the macbook. I recieved this Macbook as a reward from a contest. (Year of the Airforce Family) and i was only the the box and whatever came inside the box?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You still have warranty, despite not having a receipt. The serial number of your Mac is all you need to get something out of the warranty.
    Once my iBook, after the infamous 18 months, decided to die and I had no receipt of my purchase. The serial number was enough for that shop (not Apple) to get it repaired free of cost, and it wasn't even one of the machines that were covered by Apple's Logic Board Repair Program, it was just an extended warranty.