Macbook for iMac and netbook swap

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Shackler, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

Anyone here ever trade their Macbook for an iMac and a netbook?
    how did u like it with two computers vs one?
    anyone go the other way around and trade and iMac (and netbook possibly) for a Macbook.

Just wanna here your thoughts and opinions on it. considering switching my setup.

2. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I personally didn't go from an iMac but from a normal desktop and a ultraportable to my MacBook and I can tell you it's much better. Having to update files on both was a hassle. Unbelievable how annoying that was. Plus, I found myself hardly using the desktop because laptops are just so much more convenient to use anywhere you want. My suggestion is either just stick with your MacBook or if you need the power go Pro.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

IMO, a netbook is a fun toy type of computer, but I'm not too fond of reading the news/forum posting on such a small screen. Too much scrolling involved. Unless you really need the extra horsepower that the iMac provides while at home, I'd stick with your current MB.

Plus, most the netbooks I've used have absolutely horrendous trackpads. Way too small, with cruddy buttons. I guess the Unibody has spoiled me as far as trackpads go, but I thought that even when I was still using my G4 12" iBook.

4. Shackler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shackler