Macbook for running Reason 4.0?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ryanthekiller, Feb 16, 2008.

1. ryanthekiller macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

I am currently a Windows user (Vista right now) and while I am not unhappy with it, I feel that a Mac would better suit my needs. My question is: My main use for a laptop that I would get would be general note taking and internet etc. for college and running Reason. If I get a black macbook with 2 gigs of ram should this suit my needs in Reason (I am somewhat of a power user and tend to have lots of tracks up) or should I spring for the macbook pro?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Actually, I would go with 1 gig of ram and upgrade to 4 myself with third party stuff.

2. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

While the macbook could handle Reason (especially with 2-4gb ram), you have to consider screen space as well,... the larger, higher resolution screen really helps when recording and arranging projects.

Look into a refurbished 2.33 MBP... they were selling for $1799 last week at the apple store online.

3. ryanthekiller thread starter macrumors newbie

But aside from screen size it works just fine? I'm probably going to end up installing Reason on my friends Macbook just to see if the screen size would bother me.

4. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

It will run great on a Macbook... but It will run faster on a MBP (even previous gen).. testing it out on a friends computer sound like a good bet. Personally, the screen size / resolution of the MacBook was a deal killer for me.

5. ryanthekiller thread starter macrumors newbie

6. a104375 macrumors 6502

a104375

for what you do i think the macbook with 2gig ram would be perfect