MacBook Freezes and Restarts

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by aryattack, Jun 22, 2012.

1. aryattack macrumors newbie

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on this forum so not sure where to post.

I bought a 13" i5 ivy bridge mbp with 4gb ram last week after being stuck with a PC for the past 2 years. I've been considering going back and having them install 8gb ram, BUT this past week the computer has froze and restarted twice while running the combination of playing music on iTunes and syncing iPhoto. This doesn't seem very hard core to me but the computer has had a hard time. Today I got what used to be the grey screen of death (Your computer needs to restart) while just checking my email. Is this common (cant remember, I haven't owned a Mac since leopard) or

should I just go and insist on them giving me a new model?

THANKS! :D

2. LaWally macrumors 6502a

No it's not common. Take it back. Hopefully they will be able to duplicate your problem. If they can't and therefore won't do anything for you, give/send it back to them and get your money back. You are still in the 14 day NQA return window, no?

Once you've got your money back, buy a new one on the online store.

3. aryattack thread starter macrumors newbie

They wanted to deduct $100

They gave me a load of bs claiming that since I received the back to school gift card and scratched it they wanted to deduct $100 even though I hadn't used it. It seems as if they just wanted to avoid the return all together.

On the receipt it shows the gift card as a separate transaction as well as a nullifying transaction sku go with it so they shouldn't be able to do that because I'm giving the gift card back to them.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I don't think you can return gift cards. Besides, how would the retail staff know if you've used the gift card? No BS, just normal business.

jW

5. kaielement macrumors 65816

I would think if you are still under warranty they would give you a replacement or fix the issue if they are refining money I could se them deducting the $100 which sucks so I would see if they could fix it or replace it if you haven't already got your money back.