macbook freezes

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tanako, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Tanako macrumors newbie

My macbook keeps freezing and loading and won't do anything. It just keep giving me the loading icon.
    Could it be problems with my memory or hard disk? I haven't installed alot of progams just live messenger, skype and those basis stuff, so my hard disk is far from full.

help plz:(

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Does that help?
    Mac doesn't boot

Btw, what specific MacBook and Mac OS X version do you have and since when does the slow down occur?

3. Tanako thread starter macrumors newbie

My macbook does boot to the start screen. But when i open a program doesn't matter which program it freezes and keeps loading and then about 5 minutes it starts the program and then continues to freeze and load.

I got a Macbook pro 13 inch from the new update in 2010, the Mac OSX version I don't really know but it's the one that they installed when i bought it I haven't updated it yet.
    It happend yesterday, when i opend my macbook to search something up and it didn't work so i tried to reboot it several times but it didn't help.

4. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

a little tip: click the Apple logo on the far left of the menu bar (very top left of screen) then click About This Mac (first in the list) and under "Mac OS X" it should say "Version 10.x.x" ...mine for example says 10.6.3.

5. Tanako thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm i tried to reinstall the OSX it gave me a error and stopped and told me to restart and try agian. So i did but when i have to choose the destination to install OSX it tells me that my harddrive may not be changed/modifided so i can't install it.

so now it won't even boot the the home screen