MacBook Freezing After Sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AirborneAngel, May 24, 2008.

1. AirborneAngel macrumors 6502

Everytime I sleep my MacBook for more than say 15 minutes, I start it back up, log in, it works for about 20 seconds at which point it gets really slow, then I get the spinning color wheel and it doesnt stop spinning, forcing me to do a hard restart. Any ideas? Im running Leopard 10.5.2.

Cheers!

2. AirborneAngel thread starter macrumors 6502

3. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Try repairing permissions and repair disk if required. Perform a PRAM reset and see if it makes a difference.

4. AirborneAngel thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, same problem, also when I boot it, it sometimes gets stuck on the Apple screen making me need to reboot numerous times until it works.

5. tresbien macrumors regular

tresbien

this happens to me also sometimes, it actually just happened a few minutes ago. I don't know how to fix it or what causes it though.

6. AirborneAngel thread starter macrumors 6502

7. Rezdave macrumors newbie

I am having a similar problem with freezing in a mid-'09 white MacBook with OSX 10.5.7

I have discovered that this problem only manifests when I have an Application other than the Finder active when the computer goes to Sleep.

When I pause working for a while, leave the computer or put it to Sleep manually, I always Hide most apps and make certain the Finder is the "active" application. This seems to avoid the freezing problem.

HTH,

Rez

8. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia