macbook freezing and rebooting

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jimmyeat311, May 19, 2009.

1. jimmyeat311 macrumors newbie

hey all,
    here is the deal... i have had my macbook for about 2 years now...over the last year my computer had been freezing and rebooting here and there...not bad enough for me to get it fixed...in january my computer froze and when i turned it on it was at the boot screen (apple logo and spinning wheel) and thats all it would do. since then i have had the freezing and rebooting problem way more often. i am having to turn the computer off with the power button about 10-15 times a day. i have brought my computer to the mac store and over the last 5 months i have had 2 new harddrives installed and of those two they have both been rebuilt once...(ive been there at least once a month)...so obviously i feel that it is way more than just the harddrive that is defective. does anyone have any ideas on why this would be happening...and how i can actually get it fixed because obviously bringing it to the store and explaining my issue is not getting my computer fixed....any help would be greatly appreciated....

also...i just got my harddrive replaced 2 days ago and my computer is still freezing on me at least 3 times a day and restarting once a day....

sometimes when i try to turn my computer on it sounds like the harddrive is trying to start up (makes the noise) and then keeps doing it screen stays black ....almost sounds like a car trying to start but just wont turn over.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Clearly it isn't a software issue and if you had your HDD replaced that many times, a reinstall of OS X won't work. So you're probably looking at either RAM being at fault or the logic board. If it's RAM, it won't be that expensive to replace/repair, but if it's your logic board, that will run you approx. $800 or more.

3. jimmyeat311 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

AFAIK, a logic board replacement should be included in AppleCare.