Macbook Fried?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RubyCrush, Jul 10, 2011.

1. RubyCrush macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2011
    Today I woke up finding that my Macbook had been running the whole night while the fan in it was spinning like mad. I found it weird that it went on by itself. I'm sure I closed the lid, letting it go to standby. A note: My macbook is almost 1,5 years old and I was using Winows 7 via Bootcamp. Then I restart my computer and went to Mac OSX, checking some youtube things. Later that evening when I came back from school. The Macbook was shutdown and when I press the power button I got a light but no screen and no sound. I tried again and then the powerlight flickers and I got three repetitive beeps. I tried a view times and eventually, when I pulled my wireless USB-Mouse receiver out, the computer started to boot. I booted to Mac and it was OK. Then I tried booting to Windows 7 and that went OK too, except for the fact that it took longer to boot than usual. Later that night I woke the macbook out form stnadby and the screen started to stutter. Crazy lines were showing up, Nothing responded, no mouse, etc. I hard resetted it and went on MacOSX and now Im writing this.

Thats the situation now and my question is: Did my macbook fry itself by going out of standby automatically and running things so intensively that it cooked itself?.. Is there something wrong with my RAM/Harddisk/etc. ?
    How do I solve this?

Thanks in advance
  2. Detrius macrumors 68000

Sep 10, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Start here: the three beeps means bad RAM, and bad RAM will cause the rest of your systems (though the crazy lines on the screen are more likely to be the graphics chip failing).