Macbook from Best Buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djinn, Jan 19, 2008.

1. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Has anyone purchased their macbook from best buy? Just curious. Out of all the macs I have purchased they were purchased at an apple store.

2. BadgerMac macrumors regular

I snagged one there since they had 2 years no interest and it covered Apple Products. Granted I didnt' get my ed discuont but I'm not paying interest so that covers it and I Can take my time and pay it off.

3. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

Was that a one time promo?

4. BadgerMac macrumors regular

They were running it a week before Christmas. Haven't checked back to see if they'vebeen doing it since. It was obviously on teh Best Buy Card.

5. djinn thread starter macrumors 68000

djinn

Did you go along with their warranty or did you get Applecare?

6. BadgerMac macrumors regular

I only go first-party so I only do Applecare. Since I get ed discounts I'll get that on my discount ($199 I think for MacBook). I have time for that though, you have through teh first year, though I would do it by that 90-day mark when you lose phone support.

Never do Best Buy extendeds. Won't get into a debate on them here, just my personal choice.

7. esvee macrumors member

Thanks for mentioning that. When they update the MBPs I was planning on paying it off over time. I can get 180 days no interest from apple, but maybe I can get more from BB :D

8. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

So you can get Applecare at Bestbuy? I was thinking on picking one up there and wanted to get Applecare.

9. Crash-n-Burn macrumors regular

Nope. You can only buy BB warranty. But they do offer an accidental damage plan which I believe is much better then anything apple has offered.

10. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

the best time is

when

"FAMILY AND FRIENDS EVENT"

10% all Laptops and Desktops

(it works with macs too)

Usually its late november

i got a 24'' iMac for $1709 cnd plus tax

and sister got Macbook Black for 1481 cnd plus tax

best deal

11. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

I got mine at the Apple store. I will probably never get one from Best Buy, since I just really do not like them in general. I am hesitant to get accessories and even media (games, music, etc) from them, much less a whole computer.