Macbook From Ebay - Warranty?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Alias, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Alias macrumors member

Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting my macbook from ebay but because I live in Canada, will the warranty still be valid? If not, is it possible to buy applecare still even though the original 1 year warranty is invalid?

Thanks!

2. McGiord, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

ask for the serial number of the machine you are going to buy, and check with apple since when the warranty started to run.

I do prefer to buy from www.macmall.com.
    ________
    vaporizers

3. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

It depends on the date the computer was purchased originally. So, if it was purchased 9 months ago then you have 3 months of warranty left. Just be careful, it is VERY EASY to scam on eBay. Amazon.com is a great place, usually a good $150 off plus no tax.

4. Alias thread starter macrumors member

Amazon won't ship to Canada and when I try to checkout it gives me an error stating something like the warranty might not be valid in Canada (but they say it in different words).

In terms of ebay, it seems like the laptop is cheaper but I am worried that the warranty wont be valid here - if amazon.com wont work here, how would ebay's from a seller in the states. BUT if I could get applecare on a item bought off ebay in Canada then im fine...but can I get applecare for a notebook bought on ebay if the original warranty isnt valid in Canada?

The reason I ask is because the laptop I want MB063ll/b comes to about 1800 CAD from bestbuy whereas on ebay it would be about 1450 (assuming I get a break on customs) So if I add applecare to that it'd be worth it to get it off ebay.

Thanks for the help!