Macbook froze during a presentation!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlluna, Nov 8, 2013.

1. jlluna macrumors 6502

Hello everyone. Last Friday I went to my local apple store and purchased a brand new MacBook Pro 13" retina, with 8gb and 512ssd. As soon as I got it home with in a few hours of setting it up it froze,locked up. The next day I set up a couple virtual machines on it with vmware. It froze again, locked up. The next day I was doing my homework on it. It froze locked,up again. I called apple and they told me to give it a few more days before I return it for an exchange. We'll I took it to school last night and in the middle of my power point presentation if froze and locked up again. It is going back to the apple store tomorrow for a refund.:mad:
    I did place an order last night from the apples website for the same computer with 16gb of memory this time, hopefully that would be better for my virtual machines.

2. AlecMyrddyn macrumors 6502

3. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

It's funny you said that. Because I did that update this morning, And a few hours later locked up on me again.:confused:

4. AlecMyrddyn macrumors 6502

How exactly did it lock up?

5. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

I can not click on nothing. The trackpad does not respond and the keyboard does not work at all. I have to hold down the power button and restart.

6. SVTmaniac macrumors 6502

Even if the patch didn't fix your problem. You do not have to power off the system. All you have to do is close the lid for about a minute and open it and it will work again. I haven't heard of the patch not fixing anyone problem though.

7. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

We'll I am returning it, but I will keep that in mind when I get my new one from apple. Thanks!