MacBook Froze - Now black screen , help ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by meismeok, Dec 29, 2010.

1. meismeok macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

My Macbook crashed recently. It was right after I exited after playing the sims 3 and clicked back on to a safari window I had already had open before. I opened a new tab (cmd-t) and then it was loading and it went all bezerk and it froze and then it kept with that little rainbow-loading circle cursor...It was frozen I couldn't force quit safari or anything like that. I tried holding on to the power button, nothing happened...and then I closed my laptop...and now when I opened it, it's just a black screen (but the light on the bottom is still on, not blinking but on) so I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it...please help I am desperate...thank you.

By the way, I am typing this on my iPhone so sorry if this isn't in the best quality.

2. kentishboy macrumors newbie

What MacBook

If you can say what macbook you have i should be able to help. does it have a removable battery?

3. kentishboy macrumors newbie

What To Do In Each Scenario

Remove The Power Cord as soon as possible.

If you have a removable battery remove it now.
    If you don't let it run down completely.

Then hold down the power button for about 5-7 seconds this will reset the SMC.

Put your power cord back in

Does it boot now?
    If not leave your macbook for 1 day on the charger.

If that dosn's work i cant help:confused:

4. meismeok thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The latest one I'm pretty sure yah. It has like a different bottom(more grippable) I got it in the mail about a week or 2 ago.

5. meismeok thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks I will try this.. I don't know if the battery is removable-I'd have to unscrew the bottom of the laptop to get to it, so I suppose not. I am do thankful for advice though.. I'll wait till it runs out completely and try this.

6. kentishboy macrumors newbie

If it is the new one

If your mac is the new one you should be able to take it to a mac genius and get it repaired under warranty.

7. meismeok thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much, your 2nd reply helped it..and now it's up and working again ! ! ! ! Guess I don't have to bring it in now. :D

8. kentishboy macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Macs are usually very easy to fix if you have that problem I get it if inleave my display on for more than 1-2 hours so I wouldn't recommend doing that