macbook froze on me...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by firelighter487, Jan 18, 2016.

1. firelighter487 macrumors member

firelighter487

my late 2006 macbook just randomly froze. i've owned this laptop for a year, and it has never done this. i was watching a youtube video and then the mac froze. after i restarted the macbook it ramped the fans up, and the keyboard was warm. i think the macbook froze because it overheated, but it didn't ramp the fans up at all. i don't have any fan control software running, i have smcfancontrol installed, but if it's not running then it can't mess with my fans, at least i think anyway. i have a time machine backup in case it dies, but it functions fine now. i would like to know the cause of the freeze, so if any of you had the same problem, please post solutions on how to fix it.

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

What were you doing on the machine when it froze? When you say that it froze, did it completely lock up (cannot move the cursor or anything) or did it just pinwheel and become unresponsive? What version of OS X are you running on it?

3. firelighter487 thread starter macrumors member

firelighter487

i was watching youtube in kodi, and the video locked up and the audio ended in a loop. it's running 10.7.5