macbook frozen at restart, disc stuck inside

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by darathinas, Jun 30, 2010.

1. darathinas macrumors newbie

Oh man. I put in a cd that my computer was unable to read. I tried to eject it using disk utility but it failed. I read that another option was to restart the computer and hold down command, option, o, and f at the same time to open disk firmware to eject it. instead of actually working, my computer froze at the rstart screen, and i have no idea what to do - and i am unable to insert a disc.

please help!

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

To force eject a disk on a Mac, you need to turn off the computer then turn it on while holding down the mouse/trackpad button. This should eject it. If it does not eject then your Mac may need to be serviced.

3. darathinas thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Hold down the power button until the screen turns off. The right after you press the power button to turn it on, press and hold the trackpad button until the cd ejects. You will then need to reset the PRAM:

5. darathinas thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much! That worked wonderfully and saved me a trip to the Apple store! Much appreciated!!!!

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Good to know. Just so you know Intel based Macs don't have Open Firmware. So pressing Command-Option-O-F will cause them to act odd. Only PowerPC based Macs have Open Fimware