Macbook gaming question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fenderbass146, Dec 16, 2009.

1. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I just got a 2.26 Ghz macbook pro 13" and I want to do a little light gaming so im wondering what bootcamp to run.. Should I run XP or Windows 7. What will have better performance and will directx10 be that big of a difference on games COD MW2?

2. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Hi

I also got the same MBP and I am curious about gaming on it. Should I install Windows 7 if I want to game or is XP fine? Secondly what sort of performance should I expect for the following games?
    Company of Heroes
    Bioshock
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Burnout Paradise
    World in Conflict

Thanks in advance

3. specops macrumors regular

I have used XP and W7 on bootcamp and i would say its about a 10%(maybe not even that much) hit on your performance from XP>W7. But 10% is VERY worth it for the better OS and features/safety.

Windows 7 all the way!

about the games:
    You should be able to play most of those games at full resolution with low-med graphics with decent frame rates.
    If it's choppy you can lower your resolution and use 2xAA and that will help with performance. (atleast it did for me)

I have the 2.5ghz 4gig ram 13" MBP and i ran the Counter strike source stress test and averaged 90FPS!!! at full res and medium graphics.

4. bkap16 macrumors member

XP will have slightly better performance but you probably won't notice it too much. The GeForce 9400 in the Macbooks can handle the games just fine and DirectX 10 does look much better. This video shows the difference.

FYI, Bioshock is available for Mac and BioWare is releasing Dragon Age: Origins for Mac next week.

5. dingdongbubble macrumors 6502a

Oh nice. But will the Mac version have the same performace and looks?

6. fenderbass146 thread starter macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

If I don't have my settings on high will i even get to experiance direct x 10?