Macbook getting confused with some of usb devices

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ynotMan, Jun 14, 2012.

1. ynotMan macrumors newbie

Today I upgrade my macbook Pro 13' to 8gb ram and put in a 512gb solid state drive. I love it, extremely fast so far. However I have a couple of problems. My first problem is I'm running dual monitors on this mac, one monitor is mini display port to dvi and the other is a usb to vga. Everything works but when I go to restart the mac, the usb to vga adapter lights up but the mac won't detect the monitor, I have to unplug and replug it back in to work, I'm having a similar issue with a external hdd I made out of the old hdd from the mac. It works but when I restart the mac, it powers up but the hdd doesn't get detected.

Now this really isn't a huge problem considering I'll just put the laptop to sleep most of the time and upon wakening everything is working, but now the problem with that is upon waking the internal monitor screen comes on even though the lid is closed. Any ideas on these problems? Any idea how to keep the internal monitor off when plugged in to external display?

*I've had the mac for about a year, had installed windows on it and used that on bootcamp bout 90% of the time, had no problems with nothing. I always got made fun of cause I ran windows on a mac and never used mac os. Well I'm starting to see why. I have more control over my settings in windows than lion os. Eventually I'm going try parallels. We'll see how that turns out.

2. ynotMan thread starter macrumors newbie