Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sultenhest

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2014
Hey there! I'm the proud owner of an early 2008 Macbook (MB403, 4GB ram :cool:). It's, obviously, getting increasingly unstable battery life, about 2 -2,5 hours and sometimes having difficulty connecting to wifi(does anyone have any idea what that is? Is it just getting old?), therefore i'm prepping myself for buying the high-end 15" Macbook Pro. The thing is, i'm a college student and money could be an issue. I was really just wondering what the difference is between the high-end 15" Macbook Pro late 2013 and the high-end 15" Macbook pro mid 2014, beside the 0.2 gHz increase.

I'm mainly going to use the computer for programming, photoshop, illustrator, maybe some WoW, no demanding games since i've already got a PS4, but i still want to be able to play it without to much lag/low fps.

I hope my question(s) makes sense...

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
No Difference at all.

Yep you got that right they are exactly the same. Go with the refurb 2013 or open box or any other deal it will be exactly the same to use.

Azygos85

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
Hey there! I'm the proud owner of an early 2008 Macbook (MB403, 4GB ram :cool:). It's, obviously, getting increasingly unstable battery life, about 2 -2,5 hours and sometimes having difficulty connecting to wifi(does anyone have any idea what that is? Is it just getting old?), therefore i'm prepping myself for buying the high-end 15" Macbook Pro. The thing is, i'm a college student and money could be an issue. I was really just wondering what the difference is between the high-end 15" Macbook Pro late 2013 and the high-end 15" Macbook pro mid 2014, beside the 0.2 gHz increase.

I'm mainly going to use the computer for programming, photoshop, illustrator, maybe some WoW, no demanding games since i've already got a PS4, but i still want to be able to play it without to much lag/low fps.

I hope my question(s) makes sense...

if you hurry, B&H has some new old stock left of the late 2013 2.0Ghz model.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.