Macbook Goes to sleep every 15 seconds!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ansobu, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ansobu macrumors newbie

Hey guys, it's been awhile since i've been on here. I thought I would see if anyone over at this forum has any idea of whats going on with my macbook. Well, I have an early version macbook, and when I startup I initially get a backlight, but that goes out. I am left with the faded apple loading, I can see it more clearly with a flashlight. After it starts the loadbar, the mac goes to sleep. If I wake it up, it will continue to load for another 15 seconds or so, and then goto sleep. I can eventually get it into the desktop, but I can't really do anything because of the little lag after waking up, and then at the end of the cycle, when its going to sleep. So I have about 5 good seconds to do something on the screen. Again, this is all with no backlight! The external monitor works fine, and I have reset the PRAM and the power management many times. I am about to part the laptop out if I can't get it fixed soon. Please help!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Mate, it sounds like a hardware failure. Take it back to Apple.

3. ansobu thread starter macrumors newbie

Not so much fixed..

Well, I opened the macbook up and there was considerable charring on the logicboard, time for a new one! (not under applecare, so if anyones got a cheap one, PM me!)

4. lfc200 macrumors member

have a check on the marketplace. There is generally some good offers on things there also you could have a look at craigslist