MacBook going black on Windows

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tanarro, Jun 18, 2015.

1. tanarro macrumors newbie

May 13, 2015
    I installed Windows to play league of legends on it. I have the 1.3Ghz, 512 version. The thing is, about two or three times in the middle of the game the screen will shut down, I think the computer is actually going into sleep for a moment or something because I actually get disconnected.

Does this happen to any of you? Could it be because windows gets the laptop too hot?

2. Queen6 macrumors 603

Dec 11, 2008
    Enjoying Better Things
    Is it physically getting hot? I wanted to see more how Core M performs, so deliberately loaded the CPU (1.2) to 100% it didn't shut down, it did however throttle down to 1.4GHz, however when I placed it on a small powered cooler (elevator) and powered up the fan, the MacBook is able to consistently hold a 100% CPU load @ 2GHz + ambient temp was 26C...interesting

If you think it`s sleeping disable sleep on mains power in the Energy Saver preferences, there will be a change or not as the case may be.

3. tanarro, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2015

tanarro thread starter macrumors newbie

May 13, 2015
    I did disable it, I actually put windows in performance mode. It only happens there, when I play league on Mac it never does it...

I wonder if it has anything to do with Windows per se...

Update: I am using Windows 8.1 by the way.