Macbook going for repair again, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DetroitRockCity, Dec 12, 2009.

1. DetroitRockCity macrumors member

My white macbook (2007) is going back for yet another repair. Here is its story:
    June 2007 purchased
    September 2007 USB ports stop working. Logic Board replaced
    January 2008 Plastic develops cracks where the top case meets the bottom. (Both sides)
    Februiary 2008 The last time they fixed it, they screwed the bottom case together wrong, and it started to "peel" up
    Present- Plastic develops crack where the top case meets the bottom (right side only). Bottom case also has yellow stains now.

I will be going to the apple store as soon as finals week is over at school. Do you think I can get lucky and recieve a new macbook? My apple care will be over in the spring, and it seems to like to crack.

Do the genius bar people have a list of all repairs made? If they do, should I point out how many times I have had to get it fixed?

Ok, lol here is another question I have come up with. If they want to give me the new white macbook, it has no FW port. I still do some SD video editing on this machine, so what would they do in my situation where I would need a FW port. They probably would just say no, and fix my macbook one last time. Just a fun thought. Maybe I am hoping to get a MBP out of this lol.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You can ask, but they don't have to replace it until the third time the same issue occurs.

3. DetroitRockCity thread starter macrumors member

I see. I thought it was three times, but I didn't know it had to be for the same issue. Hmm, well how specific are they when it comes to that? Technically, I have had three plastic housing issues now. Cracking, "peeling," cracking

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

5. DetroitRockCity thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely ask about it.