Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

POWERCOM

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
1 week ago my MacBook was working perfect everythign worked fast. But since a few days my MacBook is SOOO EXTREMELY slow. I can't believe it.

I run Mac OS X 10.5.3. I didn't really installed anything on my Macbook so why is it so slow?

Maybe I have a virus?

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
Try restarting.
Try repairing permissions (with disk utility).

You mentioned that you haven't installed anything -- what about downloading? If you have been filling up your hard drive, that could cause the sudden slowdown. How much drive space do you have left? I've seen recommendations that you should always leave 10% of your overall HD space free.

If it's none of those, you'll have to be more specific. Specs of your machine, the software you're running when slowdowns occur, etc. It could be that you're trying to do too many things at once, in which case extra RAM might be the solution.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
1 week ago my MacBook was working perfect everythign worked fast. But since a few days my MacBook is SOOO EXTREMELY slow. I can't believe it.

I run Mac OS X 10.5.3. I didn't really installed anything on my Macbook so why is it so slow?

Maybe I have a virus?

what about it is slow?? is it the internet or just overall performance?

Me1000

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2006
perhaps there is an application running in the background that failed to quit properly.

Does it feel really warm?

Just try rebooting it though, that will most likely fix it. If that doesnt open activity monitor and see if anything looks unusual.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.