macbook got lost during repair

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sideshowbob916, Aug 31, 2008.

1. sideshowbob916 macrumors newbie

earlier this month my apple store sent my macbook too get repaired and long story short it wound up missing while getting shipped back to the store. apple said therye working with fedex to try and track it down but so far it looks like its gone. they said theyll replace it if they cant track it down but my question is has anyone had a similar experience? what can i expect? do i just get a new macbook, a refurb, or a credit or something? thanks.

2. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

I'd insist that it be new. After all, they screwed up big time by losing your computer.

3. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

4. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Oddly enough I had the same problem. Mine got lost en route from somewhere back to the Apple Authorized Retailer. After many phone calls, it was miraculously found again.

Goodness knows what on earth happened there.

5. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Thats a pretty big slip up on Apples part. I'd be fairly confident they will be sending you a new machine, they may well even offer you a better spec out of compensation.

6. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Unless Apple mislabeled the label containing the address, it is Fedex's slip up since Fedex lost the package.

7. bartzilla macrumors 6502a

If it was in the care of Apple or Apple's contractor then it's Apple's responsibility. What they choose to discuss with their subcontractor about how their subcontractor deals with parcels is irrelevant to what Apple should do for its unhappy customer.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ask for a full refund and then you can buy what you want. Apple probably doesn't care what you want, since FedEx will be one paying for it—they have insurance.

9. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

If they lost it, they'll replace it probably w. a new one since refurbs aren't stocked at the stores. My bet is they'll find it shortly. Had many a Fedex get misplaced and show up miraculously n a day or two.