Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
Yes, due to mac os always for some reason has terible drivers, 3100 runs quite well on xp and linux, mac is a whole different story!

And in regards to source, I do also have the siluet problem when people get too far away, any idea how to fix that, I tried all settings and it is the same story, I ussually only play assault so that's one of the worst things to have, not seeing far, and I ussually go through front as ct, its deathly horrible!

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I play Battlefield 1942 on my white MacBook, and it runs great in XP through Boot Camp at max settings. I tried the 1942 Mac version demo and it ran, albeit choppy, though I assumed that was due to the lack of a universal binary patch.

Just to note, mine is a SR MacBook with GMA X3100 graphics.
Battlefield 1942 and Desert Combat run like lightning in OS X. I have it at 1366 x 768 and it's great.

Well I deduce from previous posts that actually games run better on XP by boot camp, than naturally prepared for OSX...:confused:
Gaming is much better in Windows with the hardware.

Alkus

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2008
Gr...

shame... especially due to the fact that I've actually tried to escape from windows... far, far away :D puf. However, despite the slow-running Prey and half-slow-runninng Battlefield, OSX is great :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.