Macbook graphics question

JTag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
I am planning to buy a Macbook for school use and the only thing I am concerned about is its graphics card. I will be using it for word documents, the internet, and watching DVDs. I don't plan on playing many games or a lot of photo editing. Later, I may decide to run Windows Vista on it.

How good/bad is the graphics card on a Macbook and can it handle Windows Vista? Also, do you think that refurbished machines are very reliable?

Thanks!

Silver-Fox

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2007
England
in a word "s**t"
but i brought one for college for my work etc and it does me fine but as said above any type of gaming and if you want to use vista to it's full you will need a better graphics ccard

Lord Blackadder

macrumors G5
May 7, 2004
Sod off
If you aren't worried about 3D game performance, the MacBook is fine.

If you are worried about 3D game performance get a MacBook Pro - any MacBook Pro.

Magnus Reftel

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
How good/bad is the graphics card on a Macbook and can it handle Windows Vista? Also, do you think that refurbished machines are very reliable?
Intel lists the following games as playable on the graphics card of the MB under Windows XP:
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945g/sb/CS-020666.htm

Technically, it is supposed to handla Vista with all the frills when running on the built-in display (IIRC, the display has few enough pixels to compensate for the low amount of graphics memory on the card).