Macbook Graphics Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MaxRady, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MaxRady macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I have a Macbook and i was wondering if there is anyway to put a better graphics card in it. I don't know if this is possible, but i don't see why not. I am not that knowledgeable in the subject. The reason for doing this is i am trying to run Command & Conquer 3, but even on the lowest graphics quality of the game, it is still pretty sketchy. If anyone has any advice, i would be more than grateful. Thanks!

Max

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Unfortunately you cannot upgrade/install GPU in a MB as it already has a soldered integrated graphic.

4. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

No - the MacBook has an integrated graphics card and no expansion space to add another one.

You would be better off buying a cheap PC Desktop to play games on - or sell the MacBook on eBay and get a MacBook Pro which has a more powerful graphics card.

5. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Instead of getting a MBP for gaming get a Windows PC for gaming. Leave the important stuff to the Mac. Thats what I do.

6. Crow47 macrumors member

Unless you have a macbook pro, imac, or mac pro (something with a capable video card), I'd have to agree with djinn. That's pretty much what I've done.

7. MaxRady thread starter macrumors member

yeah i think ill have to eventually break down and buy a windows machine if i want to play. i just have had nothing but bad news from PCs and i hate the idea of spending money on one. Thank you for the information, though. I really appreciate it.

8. Crow47 macrumors member

You could always build a PC. That seems to go better for a lot of people. Plus, you don't have to submit to one of those big box manufacturers.

9. goose1873 macrumors member

if your going to build...try newegg or tigerdirect for parts...or you could just buy an xbox ;)

10. MaxRady thread starter macrumors member

Yeah that sounds like a good idea, i am not really looking at doing this right away, as money is tight and paying for school kinda of comes first. I have an old (a few years, like we got it back in 2002 or so) and i was thinking of making that baby pur again. Would you suggest this or would you suggest just starting from scratch? And as far as the xbox goes, im a playstation guy :)