Macbook had a crash accident

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by frog3r, Nov 1, 2007.

1. frog3r macrumors newbie

I want to know an aproximate of money damages (picture links at the end). I've already hear all types of comments so please don't make me feel worst. I left my macbook in an Incase sleeve yesterday in the roof of my car and left school. In the way to my house it obvioulsy dropped. Long story short, the sleeve has tears and kinda protected the macbook. Now here the damages:
    No backlight for LCD (lcd is working though)
    I runned hardware test and all is working properly.
    The internal metal frame is bent in the cd feeding slot, so I cant put cd inside.
    Somehow, the lcd frame is bent too but its wierd because looking at it with bright lights show that the image is perfect, I dont know that its really damaged.
    It also has some scratches in the corners and the keyboard side case is bumped in the power button corner.
    So do you think you can help me get an estimate? I'm going to drop it off at the apple store in about 3 weeks and I need so save the money so I'm dying to know the costs :(.

Attached Files:

2. rhys105 macrumors regular

rhys105

they'll probably charge you $200 - $300 as they will need to replace the disc drive and most likely the entire LCD.

3. techilliterate macrumors newbie

Almost $600

I dented my powerbook by falling on top of it in a blizzard on my way back from school. Your damages are actually a lot worse than mine. Apple charged me almost $600 to get them fixed.

4. frog3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

There is a pretty big diference between the two comments, I invite others to answer.
    I was looking at ebay and the hole thing (including the LCD but excluding the drive) was around 380 dlls. Any opinions?
    Why do you think the drive is damaged? I think its more the inside metal frame. The macbook still knows there is a drive... I am going to open it up tonight.

5. frog3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Just opened it, the drive is intact, the issue is just the screen and the case scratches.

6. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

The drive might be intact, but the internal components may be damaged.

I'd say upwards of 400 dollars.