Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Be careful and get any 5400 or 7200 RPM SATA disk. Avoid 4200 RPM disk and IDE/ATA/UATA disks... Don't know where to get it, as the UK version of my preferred supplier, Komplett, doesn't appear to have any 2.5" SATA disks (the Norwegian store has three available)... :(

Apple has also released a Replace your MacBook's HD DIY manual... so unless you actually damage something when replacing it all your warranties should be intact... :)

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I'd also like to know this as I've checked out some sites like ebuyer and dabs but I am not sure which one's are compatible and which aren't...

If anyone has bought a HD for there MacBook from a UK supplier it would be nice to hear from them,

ShadoW

Update: Don't know if this one would work, but for just over £100 for 120gb seems like a nice deal

ShadoW

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I agree pay the little bit extra and go for seagate, they are nice and quiet and always reliable, as well as coming with a 5 year warranty....

ShadoW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.