Macbook hardware upgrades and suggestions(pimp it out, homes)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by PawKena, May 17, 2009.

1. PawKena macrumors newbie

I've had my macbook for about 2 years and some odd amount of months and I was thinking it's about that time to upgrade. Nothing has been changed and I want to know whats the best memory or RAM to buy and where to buy it for a reasonable price. One site suggested: 4GB DDR2-667 (PC2-5300) SO-DIMM Kit...

Also my Hard Drive is almost full...(one reason for me wanting to upgrade the memory) What do you suggest is the best way to get more space? besides changing the the whole Hard drive. I know there's external hard drives but what do you suggest?

Specs:

Model Name: MacBook
    Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 1 GB

-thanks

2. leavingwave macrumors newbie

you got the RAMs right. i personally prefer buying hynix, samsung or crucial brands for my RAMs. OWC is a good place to buy.

external drive is a good alternative for more storage. i have a gdrive mini 250GB. works great. it's bus powered and real portable.

3. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

For external drives, Western Digital make some nice 320gb ones (Passport ones). You could then move your stuff to the external and replace the internal one with a 320GB one are move all your stuff back (post installing os x with the disks that your macbook came with).