MacBook has these dried on spots on the unibody

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mbbrino, Apr 3, 2010.

1. mbbrino macrumors newbie

So I just got my MacBook late February of this year. I bought the hard case to protect the outside of it. I was worried about the palm rest and was searching for something to cover the trackpad and palm rest. In the meantime I realized that the palm rest had these tiny circular scratches in a you can only see in the light which I understand I can't do anything about it. One other thing I noticed was that it had these small spots on the unibody and I tried wiping it off but it seems like they were dried on. There are many of them and you can only see them in the light and I tried the magic eraser and everything but they won't come off. I'm buying something to prevent further wear but I want to get them off as soon as possible. I'm really paranoid and they are making me go insane. If anyone has any suggestions or have dealt with this already I would appreciate your help greatly. I'll include pictures of it. Thank you in advance!

[​IMG]

2. Surely Guest

Surely

The photos you posted are not working.

Does the wear look like tiny black dots?

I highly recommend the Moshi palmguard to protect the palmrest and trackpad (although I don't use the trackpad cover that the palmguard came with.

3. mbbrino thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Surely Guest

Surely

I don't have an answer for you regarding your problem..... I thought you were talking about the uMacBook aluminum.

I still stand by my Moshi Palmguard recommendation.

You may want to take some better photos in better light.

....and clean your room. ;)

5. mbbrino thread starter macrumors newbie

Well you can hardly see them but they're right where the reflection of the light is on the macbook.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Only thing I can suggest is making an appointment at the Genius Bar and showing it to them. Perhaps it's a defect, and they'll replace the casing.