macbook having tonns of problems help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by decentdevil, Jun 20, 2009.

1. decentdevil macrumors newbie

Hi guys i bought Macbook in december 08(aluminium 2.0ghz,4GB ) so it was working all fine but since last two months i am facing specific but many problems here is a list of them -
    1 . Battery just giving 2 hours of backup
    2 . Lid is creating mysterious noises and i have to fight with it to close it .
    3 . Superdrive not working
    4 . Trackpad becomes unresponsive
    5 . Speaker and fans also creating problems it
    6 . It hangs sometimes and also if i put it on standby and open it again nothign seems to work for next 10 mins it doesnt lite up or speakers nothing!

I want to know wat should do .

2. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

1. By backup do you mean the amount of time it runs while on battery power? What was it before? Have you tried calibrating the battery? What Apps are you running while on battery power?

2. Mysterious noises as in "Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters" or is it creaking - what does the noise sound like? If you really have to fight with it then maybe you should call Ghostbusters...

3. At all? Take it in for repairs (Duh!)

4. When does it become unresponsive? In what way is it being unresponsive?

5. / 6. Maybe you need to repost the question something about speakers and fans lighting up (they are not ment to), but I think you should give writing that sentence another go...

3. decentdevil thread starter macrumors newbie

by tht i means it makes kind of cracking sound and speaker sometimes shut themselves and they wont work no matter what i play then ultimtely have to reboot the system and ya i have calibrated it and it gives max of 2 hours back up tht too in 1/3 screen brightness and superdrive sucks as i insert the cd it reverts back .........and sometimes hangs means it hangs system comes to abrupt halt i have to press shut down buttong for a min to restart it..... and i have shown in to the service ppl over in india they are saying u better try to get it replaced..... what to do ? any suggestions?

4. JoeDRC macrumors 6502

Send it back to apple, get it replaced or repaired. You'll still be covered by applecare

5. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

Did you buy your MacBook in India? Maybe it is worth trying to get it replaced - to have that many problems after such a short period of time is not normal unless you have been extremely hard on your machine.

Just a question, and I'm not trying to be alarmist - but are you sure that it is a genuine apple product - I have come across people who have bought what they thought was a genuine apple laptop in Singapore only to find out when it went in for repairs that the parts inside were to not endorsed by apple.

Maybe you should try checking some details, firstly your Model Number should be A1278 (If you look under your mac it should say "Designed by Apple in California..." <--and then the model number

Then the next thing to check is in "About this mac > More info... > Hardware > USB > Here the manufacturer for the keyboard and Trackpad should be listed as "Apple, Inc." if you are not sure post a pic of your screen once you have selected the USB page (You can save a screen pic by pressing: cmd-shift-4 at the same time and then use your mouse to select the area you want a picture of).

If you do have a genuine mac your warrenty should still be valid unless you have done something to void it and in that case you should try to get the problems repaired or replaced! Good Luck.

6. decentdevil thread starter macrumors newbie

Man thnks for ur concern and suggestion but i have done all that and the apply service centre has also check all of it and its completely genuine and its like i am keeping my fingers crossed and i have to talk to them on monday lets see what comes up but it was really shock for me as in apple's laptops has so many problems that too so early......Anyways i love apple its the best and fastest.......