MacBook HD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by katad, Dec 15, 2007.

1. katad macrumors newbie

I own a black MacBook with the WD HD that is prone to failure. It's still under warrenty until the 26th. Has anyone had any experiences with Apple replacing this HD? Or am I SOL and need to replace it on my own dime?

thanks,

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Apple doesn't replace anything unless you have problems. Are you having problems with your HD? Are you sure that you have an HD that is prone to failure?

3. katad thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I checked...

... the serial # of the HD and it is in the series that Apple had identified:

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9823370-1.html

No problems with my HD, yet. But I would rather not wait until it fails. I have everything backed up just in case.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

If I were you, I wouldn't waste time waiting for Apple to issue a recall--they almost *never* do. Instead, the next thing I'd do would be to surf over to Newegg, and *immediately* purchase a new drive, and swap it out *the moment* it arrived. Honestly, you're sitting on a land-mine. Why wait for it to go off? Apple's not going to come save you; you're going to have to disarm it yourself. When my MB came, the first thing I did was to verify the drive. Had it been the 7.01, I'd have purchased a new one immediately, and gone looking for the necessary screwdrivers. It's that simple.

5. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

My bad....from your first post about a WD HD I thought you meant Western Digital instead of Seagate.